Thursday, August 7, 2008

Groceries in 2008, almost an Olympic event!


Ok, so I wrote a list, for almost the first time in my life, we are trying to "be on a budget" and wanted to keep our cost down while shopping and only buy what we really, really need...first, it took 2 hours for Alan (my hubby) and I to shop at Whole Foods! We had fun though, ate pizza there and ran into Uncle Steve. Choosing what to buy, healthy food, healthy products without chemicals, etc. is not an easy task. I envy Alan as he plays on his iPhone patiently waiting for me to read a million items...Reading the labels, deciding on new brands, watching prices, this is exhausting. I just had no idea how much work it would be to be the one in charge of what products and foods my family uses. I spend time reading that my food and household products are missing tons of ingredients that they say are dangerous, but, let me get this straight, less ingredients, more MONEY! I have never learned, and I did get a college degree, what exactly is a GMO! But I'm glad my girl's ducky crackers don't have it! (I think!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love this line Tina... "less ingredients, more MONEY!" Hilarious!

By the way GMO stands for Genetically Modified Organism... basically we screwed with natures perfection for sake of profits so a fruit or vegetable lasts longer, retains more water so they can charge us more for weight, gets much larger than nature intended, etc.

Look forward to more of your blogs!